Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

I have made my first ever wedding dress!!

  My end of year final design was based on the brief 'Floral/Geometric'.
 
This was so difficult to cater for bridal but after hours of designing and changing ideas I finally came up with this. This brief also stated that it had to have embroidery on. I designed an A-Symmetric neckline with a front panel going across the bust and a simple flared skirt.
An attached cape beaded and embroidered in floral patterns and trimmed with tiny (tiny!!) beads that took me 5 hours to sew on :(
The dress is completely backless, allowing the embroidery to lay on the bare skin. The dress also has a small gather over the bum to add to detail.

The small tiny beads that were so sewn on around the edge, as well as 'crackle glass' beads sewn onto the cape. A close up of the embroidery, the photos don't do it justice as its a shiny metallic thread and glistening beads.

I am really happy with the over all result of this dress as I always seem to have a better image in my head of what it is going to look like, than what I can actually do! However this dressed turned out, pretty much exactly how I wanted it!! Either I have low standards now or I have dramatically improved haha!:D


No comments:

Post a Comment