Pages

Saturday 29 November 2014

Dandruff: The taboo subject

I have been wanting to write this for a while now, but not knowing where to start. As I have 3 deadlines on monday and with barely any work to present, this is the perfect time..!!

When someone says the word dandruff, like everyone else I would scrunch up my nose and shake the conversation off pretty quickly. It is associated with dirty smelly people who don't wash their hair. 

However, ever since last year, when a close family friend died and i was under a lot of stress in a horrible job (see blog post "Clintons is shit") I noticed a very small flaky patch on my scalp at the very front, in my parting. I used to try and scratch it out but then the flakes would get stuck in my hair and I could never get them out! Even in shower! The water would just cause them to stick to my hair.
Just as the stress was clearing up and I had left my job, we had our shower fixed but the plumber had fixed the shower on boiling!!! The hot was the colder side of boiling and the cold was SCOLDING! 

Mum being mum (any mum can take on any heat) doesnt realise how hot, to a normal person, the water is!! The patch started to grow and grow and around then I read an article about dandruff and how hot hot hot water can dry your scalp out, therefore create dry, flaky skin. 

I used special shampoo like Head and Shoulders but that just made it 100x times worse!! Which surprised me, it also made my hair AWFUL. Greasy and terribly frizzy and knotty. 

Its gotten so bad that even if my hair line itches I have to tap it as if I even press my nail into the skin, it spilts the top layer of skin and bleeds or just causes lots of flakes!!

So basically, the moral of the story is, dandruff happens to EVERYONE and the cleanest of people may have it and the dirtest people may not.. Also, use a luke warm shower!!

If anyone knows any good brands for dandruff please let me know!! I am dying to try anything and everything! 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment