Pages

Friday 24 October 2014

Real Recipes: Sweet Potato Fries!


I call these Real Recipes because I am just a normal student, on a tight budget wanting to cook real peoples recipes. I don't want to spend a lot and dont really want to have to go out and buy ingredients when I fancy baking. I want to bake there and then and just hope I have the ingredients. If I can I will just miss them out, making these recipes ideal for us normal people!!

I have seen countless blogs/photos of gorgeous cripsy looking sweet potato fries so wanted to try them myself and show everyone what 'real peoples' sweet.p fries are like as you can never reproduce restaurants quality on things!!


So first I cut them up into thin (ish) pieces. I wouldnt go super chunky, like wedge's size, but not as thin as McDonalds either! Somewhere in between. 
I kept the skin on as its healthier and also makes it alot crispier as its slightly tougher and sweet potato can go slightly mushy and soft.



I loosely dripped olive oil on them, and covered them in salt and pepper.
They take AGES which you wouldnt expect but I had them in the oven at 200 degrees for 40 minutes. I also kept checking them and tossed them in the oil abit every so often. 
I think restaurants make this so yummy and crispy by deep frying them.



This is the finished product - obviously its a bad photo as I forgot to take a photo as they came out of the oven so you have a picture of my whole meal haha :)
They arent as great as I thought they would be.
The skin defo makes them crispier but they are still slightly mushy - I just dont understand what I have done wrong haha! They were in the oven for slightly over 40 minutes!!


Let me know if you have tried these and know what I am doing wrong haha!! 
X


No comments:

Post a Comment