Pages

Sunday 26 October 2014

Real Recipes: Chilli Cheese Scones

I call these Real Recipes because I am just a normal student, on a tight budget wanting to cook real peoples recipes. I don't want to spend a lot and dont really want to have to go out and buy ingredients when I fancy baking. I want to bake there and then and just hope I have the ingredients. If I can I will just miss them out, making these recipes ideal for us normal people!!



For this recipe you will need;
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 red chilli finely chopped (I missed this out)
75g butter
125g grated chedder
175ml buttermilk (I missed this out)
1 tbsp milk
A big twist of salt and pepper!




I first mixed the flour, butter, spice, baking powder, and half of the cheese together, with the salt and pepper.
Using a mixer to create crumb like texture.
I added the milk bit by bit to create this sticky ish dough!

                              I sprinkled my counter with flour and lay out the dough. I used a lot of flour on it as I think I added a bit more milk than I should of so I had to dry it up with the flour. I kept kneading it out and creating a circle with the dough. It says to keep it a inch thick and it makes 16 but if I kept a full inch thick it wouldn't even create half so I probably had it 3/4 of an inch or just under and mine worked fine :)
    

I don't have one of these posh cutters either so I made do with a glass head to get a perfect sized circle haha!

I put them in a greased baking tray and loosely topped them with milk.

And then used the remaining cheese on the tops too.

If you don't preheat your oven (like me, ) put them to 200 degrees and they take about 18 mins but keep checking them, if you do preheat your oven they take about 10 mins!

This is the finished product!!! I am so so so super pleased with them woo!!
I think if they were a true inch they would be far to big!!
They have gone down an absolute treat, don't be put off by the chilli as they only have a kick once they have gone down and I am a big hater of spice and I could barely taste it!

Perfect after school/college/uni/pre tea snack!!
They don't even really need anything on them either! I had them with raspberries as they cleanse the palette after the spice!! And I had to use my raspberries up tonight haha!!

Hope you all love this recipe! Let me know how yours go :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment